Mount Pleasant, SC – The Town of Mount Pleasant is closely monitoring Hurricane Matthew as The National Hurricane Center has included Charleston County within the forecast cone. Equipment has been staged and personnel are ready to respond if needed. Information about the storm will be updated through the police department's social media channels. The Town of Mount Pleasant encourages everyone to follow the accounts listed below for updated information:Twitter - @mountpleasantpd
Facebook - www.facebook.com/mountpleasantpd
Nextdoor - www.nextdoor.com
Blog - www.mppdnews.blogspot.com
The Mount Pleasant Police Department also sends updated alerts through their smartphone application. It is free to download for iOS and Android Devices:
All Town of Mount Pleasant Offices will be closed October 5, 2016 through October 7, 2016. This includes all municipal court sessions and all recreational activities.
In preparation for the storm, make sure you have updated your emergency plan to include all preparations to protect life and property. Keep your cellular telephones charged and on hand. Having a car charger will be helpful if you lose power to your home. Below are a few checklist items to complete now:
· Build or restock your emergency preparedness kit.
· Make sure you have basic supplies to include any prescriptions you may need.
· Bring loose, lightweight objects inside that could become projectiles in high winds.
· Review your evacuation plan with your family. Make sure you have a full fuel tank.
· Monitor TV, radio, and the Mount Pleasant Police Department’s social media accounts for updates and emergency instructions.If you need emergency assistance during the storm, please call 911. The non-emergency number for Charleston County Consolidated dispatch is 843-743-7200.