There is no greater risk to a child’s safety than an online predator who wishes to meet in person. Help teach your children to identify predators’ methods for online enticement.
- Your child should NEVER meet face-to-face with anyone they first met online without your permission and/or attendance.
- Take an interest in your child’s online activities and know with whom he or she is communicating.
- Teach your child to refrain from talking about sex with anyone they meet online.
- Do not hesitate to ask questions, especially if your child is acting suspiciously.
- Teach your child not to reveal personal information.
- Approve all photos and videos before your child posts them online. Make sure they do not reveal identifying information and are not sexually provocative or inappropriate.
- Look for warning signs. If you feel your child is in danger, make a report to www.cybertipline.com and contact your local law-enforcement agency immediately.