Use these discussion starters to get an Internet safety conversation going with your children. The more often you talk to them about online safety, the easier it will get, so don’t get discouraged if they don’t respond immediately!
- What do you know about online predators?
- Have you ever met anyone online who asked you to meet face-to-face?
- What would/did you do if someone asked to meet you in person?
- Has anyone ever tried talking to you online about inappropriate or sexual things? What did you do?
- How might someone online try to gain your trust?
- Why might someone online want to gain your trust? What are the possible risks of trusting them?
- Why is it important that you come to me if someone makes you feel uncomfortable online?